A Common Parasite
Photo found on google images
The most common parasite for a bearded dragon to catch is Pinworms. Also known as oxyurids. Pinworms can be harmless for long periods of time and dragons don't always show symptoms, sometimes for years. Often dragons have them in their digestive tract in small amounts off and on throughout their entire lives. However if your dragon becomes lethargic, seems to be losing weight, or not gaining weight, especially in dragons under 1 year seek a reptile vet's assistance. Pinworms are easily identified with a proper stool sample and are treated and cured by antibiotics. Always ensure your dragon eat regularly and is active and alert every day, if you have concerns and you choose to see a vet, make sure it is a reptile specialist.